Elementary Grades K-5
The elementary campus of Saint Joseph Parish School is home to students in kindergarten through fifth grade. (It is also the site of our flexible 2½ - 5-year-old preschool program.)
· We are blessed with a dedicated and highly credentialed faculty and staff committed to academic excellence and faith formation.
· Students in the elementary building experience a full-range of curriculum specialists including those in music, art, physical education, Spanish and technology, as well as, intervention specialists in math and reading. Speech and language intervention is also available.
· There are two classrooms at each grade level, kindergarten through fifth. Each of the kindergarten and first grade classrooms has a teacher assistant.
· Our school library is visited by students on a regular basis and has thousands of books with an emphasis on children’s literature. The school librarian offers support to children through events including Right to Read Week and Celebrity Reader Day.
· Cafeteria and a hot lunch program are available to all students.
· Though we have the luxury of two campuses, we maintain a close connection with our middle school students through daily morning televised livestream broadcasts, buddy classrooms, and weekly shared liturgy. Our Catholic Schools Week celebration culminates with Spirit Day, an integrated and cross-grade level event that includes mixed teams of kindergarten through eighth-grade students.
Enrollment in kindergarten begins with a student assessment. This assessment allows us to be aware of a child’s strengths and weaknesses, so that when kindergarten begins in the fall, we are prepared to teach to the unique needs of each student. Parent and student visitation occurs in the spring, giving students the opportunity to meet the kindergarten teachers and get acclimated to the classrooms.
Our school year begins in August, when we look forward to welcoming all students to a new school year full of promise and excitement.